One of the most popular products among gentlemen is men’s hair gel. The versatility of this product is incomparable because it comes in different finishes. For example, there are matte, glossy, oily, or dry gels to satisfy all tastes.
This product is always in demand, as it is the most used by barbers and works on both straight and curly hair. If you want to know which are the best gels available on the market now, keep reading our article.
What is hair gel?
When talking about hair and aesthetics, it is about coloring it and combing and cutting it. Therefore, it is important to know the variety of hair products that exist and how it works and their possible side effects.
In addition to shampoo, gel and fixing spray are among the most common in the world. Its advantages are the ease of use and the duration of its effect.
Throughout history, different formulas have been used for the gel. The basic idea is how it works, not its ingredients: a viscous mixture placed on the hair to give it rigidity and keep it in a fixed position for a long time to maintain the desired hairstyle.
Animal fat and tree resins are among the natural substances used in ancient times as gels. Argentina gel was invented at the beginning of the last century, a fixative for gel, which is the base of the gel we are used to today.
In the 1960s, the modern gel was invented in the United States, based on diethyl phthalate: a transparent synthetic liquid that is used to give flexibility to plastics, which is responsible for the dense consistency of hair gel.
Variety and stability
Sure, there are many types of gel today, but its base is the same: diethyl phthalate and various polymers. Depending on the chemicals used and their concentrations, different effects are achieved. For example, some products are marketed with a focus on high hair stiffness and long-lasting effects.
Other brands have products designed to be easy to remove after a few hours. It is common for some to offer a bit of temporary coloring or even various effects such as brighter hair or a damp look, like when you finish washing. Head.
Also Read: Dress code guidelines for women
There must be frequent hygiene of the whole body. This should be a habit, even more so if products such as gel or other fixatives are used. It is also important to know the product’s ingredients, not to use one that causes allergic reactions.
And also, it is essential to mention that the constant and prolonged use of the gel has been related to thinning and general mistreatment of the hair, for which we do not recommend its excellent and daily service.
You should also follow the manufacturer’s instructions, which generally include caution around fire, minors, and not ingesting the product or keeping it out of the eyes. Lastly, it should be noted that if there is any skin discomfort, it is essential to immediately suspend use and contact a doctor to follow their instructions.
Why do you need a hair gel for men?Hair gel for men with texture
- Ax Spiked-Up Look: Extreme Hold Gel is essential for gentlemen who like to do spiky or spiky pompadour.
- Designed especially for this type of hairstyle, this gel offers a super stronghold.
- It is also the perfect product for men with unruly hair.
- This gel resists humidity. That is, it fights frizz and helps you keep your style for hours.
- If a maximum fix is what you are looking for, then this is the product that your hair needs.
Glossy but not greasy finish
- Certain men like salon products that give their hair a shiny look.
- It should note that this does not mean that the strands are oily.
- Glossy gel offers the fixation needed to make all long and short styles fashionable.
- You can apply it to create a back hairstyle like the pompadour, quiff, or undercut.
Hair gel for men with wet styles
- If you are one of the men who like to show off the latest hairstyle trends, then you need a gel with a wet finish.
- You also require a product that offers a strong fixative and that resists environmental humidity.
- Fortunately, there is a perfect product, and it is a wet hair Gel.
- This gel is formulated with active ingredients designed to strengthen hair.
- Thanks to this product, you can create structured styles.
Matte hairstyles with hair gel for men
- Gentlemen do not like to use products because they do not want their hair to look styled. This gel is perfect.
- It is ideal for men who like to show off a very natural style as if they had just gotten up.
- Matte hairstyle hair gel offers hold (without any shine) for 24 hours, which means controlled hair.
What is your favorite men’s hair gel?
Also Read: Tips To Exercise Better And Safer