It is likely that you are familiar with or have heard of Castor Oil since it is famous for its laxative properties and its sour taste when you have to ingest it.
But it also has other properties that we can take advantage of, and they go far beyond its purgative effect.
Here we are going to focus especially on its benefits for the skin and hair.
What is castor oil made of?
- This oil is native to Africa and India.
- It is composed of essential fatty acids, and 90% of these acids are ricinoleic acid, known as Omega 9 .
- This component is what gives it moisturizing, emollient, refreshing, and inducing properties of cell growth.
- In addition, it contains Vitamin E (a powerful antioxidant), proteins, minerals, and antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties.
- For all this, it is used both in cosmetic products, as it helps to keep our skin healthy, smooth and radiant and our hair hydrated, as well as promoting the growth of nails, eyelashes, and eyebrows.
What format is better to take advantage of its properties?
- Castor oil, having antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, makes it an ideal natural remedy for our skin and helps solve different types of conditions.
- Although, as I have mentioned before, it is widely used in cosmetics, whether in creams, massage oils, shampoos, etc …,
- The ideal, for me, is to buy pure castor oil and use it without mixing it with other ingredients.
- It is how you can make sure that you take advantage of all its properties and obtain good results. And of course, that it is of quality.
What is castor oil for? Castor oil benefits in natural cosmetics
1.- Facial cleansing :
- Ideal for deep cleansing the pores, toning, and hydrating at the same time. Said, dermatologists.
- Apply a few drops to your face and massage for a couple of minutes.
- The castor oil will dissolve the oil and dirt that cause blackheads and acne.
- To remove it, use a soft cloth dipped in warm water.
2.- Moisturizing and anti-wrinkle :
- As it is rich in vit. E and fatty acids penetrate the skin and stimulate the production of collagen and elastin.
- It will delay the signs of aging, wrinkles, blemishes, and fine lines around the eyes and give the skin a more youthful and velvety appearance.
- It is not necessary to put too much. A couple of drops for the whole face is enough.
- A bottle of castor oil will last you forever. That is why it is worth buying it of excellent quality since it is a product that will be cheap in the long run.
3.- Anti-acne :
- It helps fight bacteria that cause acne and inflammation.
- I recommend applying it for a while before going to sleep. Wash your face well and apply to acne areas.
- You leave it on overnight and wash your face in the morning.
- Beware of using too much product. There’s no need.
4.- Improves stretch marks and scars :
- Fatty acids penetrate the epidermis and help blur stretch marks and scars so that they erase while stimulating the growth of new cells.
- Do not forget to be constant in its daily application.
5.- Soothing for the skin :
- When you have irritation or skin rashes, insect bites, sunburns, etc . this oil is ideal thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- Always keep it in your home medicine cabinet.
6.- Eyelash growth :
- If you have few or weak eyelashes, apply a small amount of oil to the root of the eyelashes every night and massage them a little until absorbed.
- Be very careful not to get oil in your eye, as it is very dense.
- In poor eyebrows of hair, it is also perfect for applying this oil to stimulate their growth.
7.- Hair growth :
- Apply it to the scalps and massage it for about five minutes. Do it daily before going to sleep.
- It also helps improve hair dryness and the appearance of dandruff.
- Avoid split ends and help us improve damaged hair.
- You can also put its few drops of oil in your regular shampoo as a beauty treatment for your daily hair.
l of your hair once a week, leave it for 30 minutes as a mask, and then wash regularly. It will be divine.
8.- Nail moisturizer :
- Another exciting idea is to apply a tablespoon of this oil to al
- It is ideal for all those who have dry and brittle cuticles and nails to apply a few drops of this oil on the hands and feet and massage every night.
- You will notice a spectacular change in addition to helping you also hydrate hardness and calluses.
9.- Massage oil :
- Who doesn’t like to get a massage? I always sign up.
- Making it with castor oil will bring you great benefits for the health of your body, not just the skin.
- It helps relax muscle tension and promotes blood circulation.
- Thanks to ricinoleic acid, it is ideal for relieving inflammation and joint pain.
Also Read: Diet to get clear skin