The most important step to having clean, healthy, and beautiful skin is to remove makeup daily. The products we use to make up contain silicones and other materials that clog our pores, hence the importance of creating a proper makeup removal to avoid blemishes, suffocated skin, and even acne.
But keep in mind that it is just as important to know how and with what products we do our makeup removal and the perseverance and the habit of doing it every day.
Also Read: Best Foundations for Dry Skin in 2021
Do not be lazy
- I understand you perfectly after a long day at work, or after a party where you come home late, etc. .you feel lazy to remove makeup from your face.
- However, going to sleep with a clean look is the essential step of the usual beauty ritual.
- Most people make the mistake of not cleaning their face well because they do not put on makeup.
- Still, even if you have not used a makeup base and perhaps nothing or just your moisturizer during the day.
- I want you to know that particles accumulate in the fabric of dirt due to pollution, tobacco, pollen.
- Although we cannot see them, they are! And they are deposited in the pores, which end up clogging.
- As a result, we have suffocated skin and other processes that help the premature oxidation of the face and its aging.
Which makeup remover to choose
Now, pay attention because to remove makeup correctly, you have to use a good makeup remover adapted to your skin type, and that is not aggressive.
I’m going to show you the most used:
Cream makeup remover
- It fulfills the same function as cleansing milk, detaching and removing makeup particles on the face.
- Still, cream makeup remover is more suitable for dry skin as it provides nutrition and hydration.
- It is a solution that cleanses and removes makeup in-depth in a single step.
- This product is made of micelles that attract dirt, makeup, or impurities to provide a deep cleaning without damaging the skin’s protection.
- It is ideal for all skin types, especially fats, as it refreshes and does not contain oils.
Makeup remover wipes
- It is the most comfortable way to remove makeup and the least recommended since they do not remove makeup in depth.
- Everything and that there are specific wipes for all skin types generate problems for it since they move dirt from one area of the face to another and cause unnecessary damage to the tissue.
- In addition, they tend to incorporate preservatives, alcohol, and fragrances that settle on the skin and generate sensitivity and long-term skin conflicts.
- I do not recommend them even for emergencies.
- Cleansing milk is like cleansing cream.
- It is ideal for dry skin, although it is also oil-free and works well for oily skin.
- When you apply cleansing milk as the first step in your facial cleansing routine.
- It prepares the skin’s cellular system to assimilate all the operational benefits, vitamins, and benefits that the following care steps offer you.
Biphasic makeup remover
- It is a gentle makeup remover for eyes and lips, even the most sensitive ones.
- It is made of two liquids: one aqueous and the other oily, and they must mix to be practical—ideal for removing waterproof makeup.
What is the most recommended facial cleanser?
- It is the one that drags dirt without damaging and without generating problems to the skin, such as imbalances in skin pH or clogging of pores.
- The formats of milk cleaners with fluid textures are the best option.
- It spread over the face, without pressing and with clean hands; then it is removed with facial tissues, not cotton.
- Do it smoothly, from the center of the face outwards.
What cleaning routine is correct?
- As I have mentioned before, you always have to do it from the inside out and upwards to reinforce the skin’s firmness.
- When you have removed the makeup with cleansing milk, you should move on to the rinsing and toning phases.
- In order not to use tap water, since our skin does not like it at all, I recommend using a lotion that rinses, calms, and eliminates the remains of the cleanser.
- Soak a cotton ball with the lotion and spread it over the face, and then dry with facial tissue or, if you prefer, let it air dry.
- The toner is essential as it balances and prepares to absorb nutrients from the following product you use.
- To remove makeup from the eyes, use a cotton ball for each of the two and drag the remains of makeup from the eyelashes and eyelids with a cooperative, gentle movement.
For me, the best formula for all skin types is triphase cleansing: cleansing milk, calming lotion, and balancing toner. And the most important thing is to choose products that do not have comedogenic compounds since they can suffocate your skin in the long term.
Also Read:Ten dark red lipsticks, the flattering color you can wear all the time