Coconut oil, Castor oil, Onion oil, and the list goes on! When it comes to hair fall, hair oils are the go-to solutions we all swear by. But with so many different hair fall and the benefits of each, how should you pick your best fit? Here is our take on the hair oils you can use to fix your hair problems. Give it a read!
The fundamentals of good hair care start with offering nourishment to your hair in hair oils. Massaging your scalp with hair oils can help reduce hair care issues like dryness, hair fall, breakage, frizziness, and dandruff.
The scalp and hair also need nutrients to keep themselves moisturized like our skin. Though the hair follicles constantly produce sebum, natural oil to nourish and hydrate the hair, harsh chemicals in the shampoos disturb the scalp’s pH levels.
Why should you use hair oil?
The rising trend of using heating tools and color techniques has made the natural sebum incapable of answering your natural moisturization needs. So, you need a good hair oil for hair fall to protect your hair and safeguard it against dry weather. In addition, hair shafts need to be protected against environmental triggers.
With a history dating back thousand years, hair oils are relevant in hair care regimens. However, the knowledge about natural hair oils is still expanding. We have become much wiser about hair care choices like never before, so the idea should be to use natural and safest ingredients as much as possible.
A hair oil crafted with ingredients like Amla, Bhringraj, Shikakai, Coconut, and Castor can be suitable for dry and damaged hair that breaks easily. One may also opt for an effective hair serum for men to nourish one’s hair.
5 Benefits of Using Oil for Hair Nourishment
Massaging your scalp with a nourishing hair oil offers benefits more than one. It provides nutrition and moisture to the hair follicles and helps beat the effect of seasonal dryness. This age-old practice also removes bacteria and infections from the hair cells.
- Strengthens your strands: With regular massaging, the hair’s elasticity improves, which means less breakage and hair fall. You should use the best hair oil for hair fall to strengthen and thicken your hair.
- Prevents frizz and split ends: Frizzy hair is usually caused by humidity, improper use of colors, and heat styling. Some hair oils are rich in fatty acids, vitamin E, and antioxidants. They strengthen the hair follicles and prevent a loss of moisture.
- Protects against the sun’s heat: When your hair strands are coated with a layer of hair oil for hair fall, it creates a layer that protects them against heat damage. It also eliminates the issue of seasonal dryness and oxidative stress.
- Boosts faster hair growth: Hair oils also promote blood circulation to the hair. In addition, they strengthen the hair shaft and prevent excessive hair fall. It is a good way to improve the growth of new hair cells.
- Safeguards the hair from UV damage: Oils naturally tend to reverse the sun damage to the scalp and hair. This is primarily because of the plant phenols present in the oils that protect the hair against stress. Some plant oils also provide more than 30% protection against UV damage than bare hair or skin.
How to control hair fall?
When it comes to hair fall, everyone has a different take on what to do. It also depends on how many hair strands you are losing each day. Experts suggest that it is normal to lose around 50-100 strands each day, but you should seek an address if you are losing more strands than these.
Here are some ways to control frequent and excessive hair fall:
- Use the right hair products: Haircare products like hair oil, shampoo, conditioners, and hair serum for men and women should be used regularly. Switch to natural products for your hair to check the scalp’s pH. Unfortunately, most over-the-counter hair care products contain harmful chemicals and toxins such as Parabens, Phthalates, Minerals, and Sulfates that cause worse than good to your hair.
- Shower some extra love and care: Sometimes, your hair needs more than regular shampoo, conditioner, and hair oil for hair fall. When your hair needs special treatment, use a homemade hair mask made with blending essential oils and conditioners. You can also spare some time to do a hair massage at home.
- Eat right: Just like your skin, your hair also needs nourishment. So, make sure to have enough vitamins and minerals in your diet. If you are not absorbing enough nutrients through your diet, you can ask for supplements from your healthcare provider.
The body uses most of the nutrients from the meals before your hair and skin, so it is good to take supplements to get rid of hair fall and boost hair growth.
- Address the root cause: If you lose a lot of hair, you should know the specific reason. It could be due to a deficiency of protein or iron due to a hormonal imbalance, or stress. Dandruff also makes hair prone to breakage, so make sure to treat the root cause in the first place.
- Plan a visit to a hair care expert: Sometimes, hair fall can result from medical conditions such as anemia, thyroid, and hormonal imbalance. So, seek medical advice from your doctor in such situations.
Choosing the best hair oil for hair fall
We recommend using Mamaearth hair oil crafted with natural ingredients to get rid of hair fall. Mamaearth has taken the lead over the other brands for its no chemicals and toxins ideology in recent years. It is also Asia’s first Made Safe certified brand, and its products come certified by FDA also.
Let’s talk about the bestsellers of their safe and gentle hair oils:
- Onion oil: For years, Sulfur has been highly accoladed for its ability to provide extra strength and thickness to the hair. It helps with new hair cells, thus promoting hair growth.It is made with ingredients like Plant Keratin, Castor Oil, Amla, Bhringraj, Almond, and Redensyl. If you want to get long, thick, and lustrous hair, you should use Mamaearth onion hair oil for hair fall.
- Castor oil: This is yet another natural treatment for hair growth. Mamaearth’s Castor Oil is enriched with Omega-3 fatty acids to prevent hair fall and premature gray. It can be the best solution for hair fall if mixed with other ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Coconut Oil, etc. Besides, it also treats dry and lifeless hair ends and unhealthy hair.
If you have been wondering how to work on hair fall, it’s time to start cultivating a good hair care regimen with hair oil for hair fall. Hair oils provide much-needed nourishment to lifeless hair- provided you figure out the one that works best for you!