Waxing is a process that is performed to remove hair that covers the skin. The usual thing is that it develops on specific body regions intended to keep hair free for aesthetic, social or hygienic reasons.
It is one of the widely used and versatile methods of epilating, as it is effective on most of the body: from face to feet, the wax removes hair for up to approximately three weeks.
There are different waxing methods, such as cold strip wax or roller wax, although the most common is hot wax.
What is a hot wax?
- It is a melted resin that imprisons the hair, whether short, thin, long, or abundant and uproots.
- The hot wax is presented in small balls of resin to melt it.
- It is applied to the skin with the help of a spatula or with a roll-on that pours a dose of wax.
- Once it gets dry, it is pull off with a strong pull.
- It is effective because the heat opens the skin’s pores, and the hair comes out more quickly.
Hot waxing at home step by step
Whenever you are Waxing on the legs, groin, or armpits, it is highly recommended to follow specific steps to be more effective.
If you use it before and know it, you will do it fast and nicely. And also, you will master the way excellent.
But it does not hurt to remember them if you have never waxed any time at home. Consult this little guide whenever you need it.
Before doing waxing
- One or two days before waxing, exfoliate your skin: with this, you will get the hair to start from the follicle and prevent the formation of ingrown hairs and pimples.
- Of course, you mustn’t do it the same day as the waxing since the skin could be susceptible and damaged by the wax.
- Apply a non-greasy, water-based moisturizer a few hours before waxing: this way, the hair will come out more quickly. It prevents fat creams because they may hinder waxing.
- Do not sunbathe two days before waxing: the sun makes the skin much more sensitive and irritated so that the hot wax can damage it.
- Find an old towel or cloth that you no longer use to place it in the place where you are going to wax. It will prevent possible wax stains that may occur during waxing.
- Heat the wax in a saucepan or in a special waxier that comes with a thermostat that keeps it at a proper temperature.
- You need to check the temperature of the wax on the back of your hand before you apply the rest of the skin.
- Apply the wax on your legs with a spatula in the form of a strip (approx. 5 cm long and 1 cm thick). Start at the knee and use a gesture to work your way down to the ankle.
- You have to lightly use the spatula and wait until the wax does not stick before pulling the tape off with a certain amount of pull.
- Let the skin cool before applying the wax to understand a perfect result.
- Go on repeating the process with the rest of the leg.
Tips for caring for your skin after waxing
- To take care of your skin, it is also essential to follow some steps when you have finished waxing:
- Moisturize the skin and apply a soothing product, such as aloe vera, so that the area recovers much better after waxing.
- This step is especially important in the skin of delicate parts of the body, such as the English.
- Do not sunbathe in the following hours: again, the sun can irritate the area and impair the skin’s recovery after waxing.
Tricks to improve hair removal with hot wax
- If you pluck the wax in the opposite direction that the hair grows (from ankle to knee), waxing will be more effective.
- But it would cut off hair growth: you run the risk of encysting and forming small pimples.
- Therefore, it is better to pull the band in the same direction as the hair, even though we have to go over the area several times to obtain an optimal result.
- Wait for the hair to measure about 5mm on the legs and 6mm on the groin before waxing.
- To wax the groin, first cut the most extended hair with scissors and exfoliate the area several days before waxing to prevent the hair from becoming encrusted.
- There are many unique products to use at home to wax, so it is unnecessary to go to a beauty center if you do not want to.
- There are waxes for heating in the microwave that come with cloth bands; or electrically heated roll-on appliances with a thermostat that keeps the wax at a constant temperature.
- You have to choose the one you like the most!
- If the waxing carries out in a beauty center, check that the wax is for single use to avoid skin infection.
Advantages and disadvantages of waxing
- You have likely considered several hair removal methods before getting here, so we want to end with a review of the advantages and disadvantages of hot waxing.
- So you can assess more objectively if this technique is suitable for you or not. Advantages of waxing:
- The hair takes about four weeks to come out, so it is a relatively long-lasting hair removal.
- The hair grows finer, so the following times it will be much easier to pull it out.
- The duration of epilation can increase after several epilation’s.
- The skin is much smoother than with other hair removal methods such as razors or depilatory creams.
Disadvantages of waxing
- It is painful hair removal, although it is true that this sensation decreases with the passage of waxing because the hair is less and less intense.
- It is necessary to wait for the hair to grow 5mm for waxing to be effective.
If this method does not convince you, do not worry, you already know that there are many options: razor, cold wax, depilatory gels or creams, laser. Indeed some of them are the most suitable for you.
It is the perfect hair removal technique for you. We recommend that you take into account all the steps that we have mentioned. If you follow these tips and are consistent, you are sure to achieve perfect waxing and, as a consequence, stunning skin.
In addition, you can read more helpful resources at labelbazaars