Becoming a mother(mom time) also implies becoming multiple professions, from the moment our children are born until the age when they no longer depend on us to survive.
However, we always continue to support them. They become our priority, and most of our time is dedicated to seeing that they lack nothing and receive all the love they need.
And sometimes it happens that, being so deeply into that dedication to our children, we forget a little about ourselves and that feeling of ” first him, that I will be able to do my thing later ” enters, and without realizing that “later” it might never come.
So no, mom. You also need to pamper yourself and dedicate yourself to yourself. I share with you what “time for mom” is and why all mothers must have it.
Mom also matters
- It had happened to many of us: you announce that you are pregnant, and everyone gives you attention, support, and sympathy.
- Your baby is born, and now it is he who is interested in everyone; in some cases, it even seems that we become invisible.
- It is normal; who does not like to see, carry and smell a newborn? They are adorable, small and they are a masterpiece that grew in your womb and that now we can all contemplate.
- Now your baby is the essential thing, and of course, he is the one to whom we must dedicate as much effort and time as possible because it entirely depends on us to be well.
- But on that path of new mothers, sometimes we forget one thing: mom matters too.
- When a child is born, a mother is born. It is one of the most popular phrases about the moment we became mothers.
- And it is mainly true because for many, the moment our baby is born, and we see it and touch it for the first time; we feel that we are already mothers. But what about the woman?
- It is still there, although not so visible anymore. It is present every day, but for a moment (sometimes very long), it becomes one of the last things we think about when we are mothers.
- But that woman also matters. It matters what you think, what you feel, what you need, and what you want.
- Like any human being, he has needs that he must cover, and for that, there is something that all mothers must have: “time for mom.”
- A few days ago, Mamen talked to us about how we should work on self-esteem when we become mothers. We must love, care for and pamper ourselves.
- Not just because we deserve it, but because we need it to feel good.
What do we mean by “time for mom.”
- That is time for you. To do what? What you want. What makes you happy. Whatever makes you feel good and puts a smile on your face or makes you feel full in your heart.
- Of course, having our children and spending time with them also brings us happiness and a lot of love.
But I speak of what fulfills you as a woman.
- Those activities that before becoming a mother, produced happiness and physical or emotional well-being.
- If you are not sure where to start or what I mean by this, I will give you some examples:
- Perhaps you were passionate about reading, and now that you are a mom, you don’t remember when did you last touched a book.
- Maybe you used to love pampering yourself with creams, lotions, and masks, but now your skin is crying out for hydration.
- Perhaps you liked to put on a song and disconnect from the world, but now all you hear is crying or “mommy, mommy” all day.
- Now, there is nothing wrong with this, nor is it a complaint. When we are mothers, it is entirely normal for us to forget about ourselves.
- But that’s why I’m writing this article so that we all remember that we also have to take care of ourselves.
- So that we can find a way to have that “mom time.” And above all, so that we do not feel guilty or bad mothers for wanting time for ourselves.
Why it is important to have a mom time
- Because in addition to being a mother, you are human; you are a woman. And you need to take care of the woman.
- Pamper her, pamper her, feed her soul, intellect, body, and spirit. Of one thing I am sure: a mother who feels good is better.
- Think of a day when you had a lot of stress or didn’t sleep well. How did you talk to your children? How patient were you with them?
- It does not mean that it happens to all of us, but when we are – men or women – stressed or tired, we tend to be more reactive and defensive because we feel overwhelmed.
- Spending some time a day or a few hours a week to do what you like or to relax can make significant differences, not only in treating your family but also in treating yourself.
If you have never had that “time for mom,” I invite you to start doing it today or this week.