Thick eyebrows are all the rage right now, but unfortunately, not all of us are born with dark, full eyebrows or have them plucked so much that they don’t grow back.
Whatever your situation, know that you can. Change the shape and thickness of your eyebrows with natural remedies or with makeup. If your goal is to grow your eyebrows back, you should keep in mind that you will need to be patient.
Table of Contents
Different methods to grow thick eyebrows
- One of the best ways to help your eyebrows grow back is to avoid plucking them until you get the thickness you want.
- You will tempt to pluck the loose hairs, but you will continue to reproduce the same shape if you don’t hold back.
- It will take 6 to 8 weeks for your eyebrows to grow back. You will need to be patient.
Exfoliate your eyebrows
- Use an exfoliating pad or soft brush to remove dead skin daily and stimulate hair follicles.
- Run the sponge or brush in circular motions over your eyebrows.
Make sure you’re getting the proper nutrients
- If you don’t get the necessary vitamins and nutrients, it can affect your eyebrow hair.
- Try to eat foods rich in B vitamins, omega-3s, iron, protein, and zinc, and drink enough water.
- You can also take vitamin B (or biotin) supplements to help your hair grow back.
Apply castor oil
- Castor oil is a grandmother’s remedy that helps stimulate hair growth.
- Dip a cotton swab in castor oil and apply it to your eyebrows every night.
- Leave the oil on overnight and clean your eyebrows when you wake up.
- You will notice a difference after three to four weeks.
Use coconut oil
- Coconut oil has many benefits. Besides being an excellent natural moisturizer, it can speed up hair growth.
- Apply coconut oil to your eyebrows with your fingertips and leave it on overnight. In the morning, wash off with hot water
Make a mixture of olive oil and honey
- Olive oil is rich in vitamin E and can therefore stimulate hair growth.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of olive oil with a few drops of honey.
- Massage this mixture into your eyebrows for a few minutes.
- Leave this mixture on your eyebrows for 30 minutes before rinsing off with hot water.
Apply milk to your eyebrows
- Milk is rich in vitamin D, a nutrient that promotes hair growth.
- It is, therefore, advisable to apply milk to make the eyebrows grow.
- Dip a cotton ball in a glass of milk and apply it to your eyebrows.
- Let the milk dry on your eyebrows before rinsing off with hot water.
Use treatment to promote hair growth
- If you wait patiently for your hair to grow back, or if a natural method has not given the desired results, you can take a treatment to stimulate hair regrowth.
- There are various treatments, and you will probably find the ideal product with a little research; some treatments work better than others.
- If you have damaged your eyebrows a lot with your tweezers, you may need to invest in a high-quality product.
- It would help if you kept in mind that some treatments and serums can be applied directly to the eyebrows.
- These also help your body hair to grow back in the area of your eyebrows, but they can also stimulate hair growth in other areas of your body.
- You should therefore prepare for this “side effect” before starting any treatment.
Redefine your eyebrows with makeup
Decide on the shape of your eyebrows
- Before putting on makeup, you will need to determine what will look most natural and what shape you want.
- To find the ideal length, use a pencil or other straight object and form a line from the wing of your nose to the outer corner of your eye.
- It will tell you what the ideal length for your eyebrows is.
Brush your eyebrows
- Use an eyebrow brush to brush your eyebrows upward, respecting their tilt. Brush your eyebrows to their full length.
- It will help you identify irregular or bare areas.
Use an eyebrow pencil
- If you are looking to recreate thick eyebrows, choose an eyebrow pencil in a similar color.
- A little darker than your eyebrows and lightly fill in the areas where the hair is sparse.
- Use short, sharp bursts to mimic your brow hairs.
Make it look natural
- The pencil should blend in with the rest of your eyebrow.
- Don’t just draw on your eyebrows, but make sure to blend the shade of the pencil.
Apply a powder
- When you have redrawn your eyebrows in pencil, choose a powder of the color of your choice (dark or lighter, according to your desire).
- Dip the tip of an angled brush in the powder and apply it, rubbing it into your eyebrows until you get the definition you want.
- Be careful not to put too much on the same area because the goal is to obtain the most homogeneous result possible.
- Once you’ve achieved the desired color and thickness, run a brush through your brows for an even more natural look and shape.
Fix the shape of your eyebrows
- You may have got the look you want, but you need to apply a clear or colored gel to make it last all day.
- Place the gel along your eyebrows to hold the hairs in place.
Outline your eyebrows with powder
- Finally, for dark and thick eyebrows, highlight them.
- Dip a fluffy brush in a translucent powder and apply it along the contour of the eyebrows to emphasize their shape.
- It will help to define the outline and to draw them better.